- This event has passed.
14th Annual Starter Barter and Plant Sale
May 1, 2021 @ 4:00 am - 7:00 am
Veggie, fruit, herb, and flower starts will be available for sale, barter and trade.
In the interest of keeping backyard food-growing affordable, bring your extra starts to sell or trade with other gardeners! Or just come and buy!
- Trade or sell your starts. Gardeners are free to set their own prices but the event is meant to keep food gardening affordable, so Home Grown Food suggests $1 for 2-inch pots and up to $3 for larger plants.
- Larimer County Master Gardeners will hopefully be available again this year, along with veteran suburban gardeners, to answer your gardening questions.
- Seed will also be available for purchase.
- Seller donations to Home Grown Food of approx. 10% of sales is not required but would be greatly appreciated.
N.B. Gate opens at 9:00 am for vendor set up. Event proper starts at 10 am.
We are planning a COVID Safe outdoor event!
1. Event will be held outside on 1/2 acre of private property on the west side of Fort Collins.
2. Vendors spaced at least 15-20 ft apart.
3. A limited number of attendees will be on the property at any given time.
4. There will be an ENTRY gate and an EXIT gate so that attendees flow in one direction.
5. Both gates will have a person monitoring the attendees and communicating numbers. As attendees leave, more attendees will be admitted.
6. There is plenty of parking in a parking lot across the road and on the street.
7. All participants will be required to wear masks and respect physical distancing guidelines.
8. We will be in touch with the CSU Master Gardeners to see if they can attend this year.
Looking forward to supporting our community by sharing veggie starts in a safe and effective way.
Home Grown Food is an all-volunteer group dedicated to supporting the efforts of Northern Colorado’s backyard and community food gardeners through workshops, seed-swap and starter-bartering events and by helping to publicize other local food events.